Age UK Blackburn with Darwen is currently able to provide support for older people who are identified as needing additional help to enable them to attend their Covid-19 vaccination appointment.
- This is targeted at those people identified as being at risk of not being able to attend their appointment.
- The support can include transport to and from the appointment along with emotional support for those who may be anxious or have cognitive issues.
- This offer is for residents of Blackburn with Darwen and those registered with a Blackburn with Darwen GP practice.
Criteria for referral for support
- People over 65 who don’t have access to their own transport and do not have family/friends who are able to provide transport and no alternative way of safely getting to the appointment.
- People who have cognitive or physical needs that mean that they are not able to attend the appointment safely unaccompanied and do not have anyone to accompany them. This could include those who may need reminding that they have an appointment.
- Those who have been advised to shield.
The service is usually available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm with some limited capacity on Saturdays.
Please contact the surgery to arrange help if required.